This fresh and vibrant homemade strawberry cucumber salsa is easy to make and prepared with just six ingredients. In the summer, serve it with grilled recipes like paneer, fish, salmon, chicken, or tacos or as a side.
In summers when strawberry in season, make this salsa recipe to serve with any grilled meat, and vegetarians can enjoy with grilled tofu or paneer. or just a side dish for tacos and chips.
The post contains helpful tips and tricks to make a successful recipe on your first attempt. Please use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end if you want to skip.
Jump To Recipe
Why this recipe works
- Hydrating & delicious - Cucumber & strawberry both are refreshing and hydrating ingredients due to their water content. Both help in cooling down the body and provides micronutrients.
- Make with six ingredients and get ready in just 10-15 minutes. This sweet and spicy salsa will bring loads of flavors with chips.
- A delicious, healthy, and satisfying fruit salsa recipe to relish.
- Cucumber strawberry salsa dip is naturally vegan, low in calorie, gluten-free & dairy-free.
Strawberry cucumber salsa dip or strawberry cucumber pico de gallo is a great way to enjoy with family and friends.
Pico de gallo is normally prepared with fresh ingredients.Tomato & onion are the main ingredients of authentic Mexican pico de gallo.
This strawberry cucumber pico de gallo is prepared with fresh ingredients along with strawberry & cucumber. It is completely fruit-based pico de gallo.
Please check the recipe card for the full ingredient list and measurements
My strawberry salsa recipe using cooling cucumber along with jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice. It makes a great dip or condiment.
How to make strawberry cucumber salsa dip
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed and combine well. Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.
It will taste great if served chilled and in 30 minutes flavors will blend well.
Tips & FAQ's
- Always use the fresh and ripe strawberry. They give the sweet juicy flavor to this fruit salsa dip.
- Adjust heat level as per your taste. Strawberries are sweet in taste, so balance them with jalapeno.
- Allow sitting for 30-40 minutes so that flavors blend in and let it chill in the fridge.
Serve it over grilled meat like, salmon, beef, pork, and chicken, Vegetarians can enjoy it with grilled paneer & tofu. Else if nothing works out then serve as sides to tacos, burrito bowl, or with simple chips.
4-6 hours are good to store the prepared salsa. To make ahead just combine everything except salt & lemon juice and store in the fridge.
Serving & Storing Suggestions
I serve immediately with tortilla chips but keep in the fridge for 30 minutes. It helps in mixing the flavors all together & tastes BEST when served chilled.
One day is enough to store the salsa in the fridge since salt and lemon juice is added. If you want to make it in advance, just cut all ingredients, and mix except salt & lemon juice. Add just before serving.
I noticed this fruit salsa gets soggy if stored for longer time due to acidic components. So store the mix and add salt & lemon juice just before serving.
If you like this low calorie snack then do try few more as below.
- Raspberry Salsa (Hot & Sweet Salsa)
- Mixed Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk
- Salted Caramel Protein Bliss Balls
- 5 Minute Easy Microwave Asparagus
Strawberry Cucumber Salsa
- 2 cup strawberry chopped 300 gram fresh strawberry
- ¾ cup cucumber chopped english or persian cucumber any will work
- 1 jalapeno choped finely adjust as per taste
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- handful cilantro
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed and combine well. Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the fridge. It will taste great if served chilled and in 30 minutes flavors will blend well.
- Always use the fresh and ripe strawberry. They give the sweet juicy flavor to this fruit dip.
- Adjust heat level as per your taste. Strawberries are sweet in taste, so balance it with jalapeno as per taste.
- Allow sitting for 30-40 minutes so that flavors blend in and let it chill in the fridge. If required you can serve immediately.
Does it fit in your macros?
This fruit salsa dip easily fits in my 1710 calories intake plan and completely macro friendly. I enjoy it without guilt with grilled tofu and sprinkle over tacos.