This fresh and vibrant homemade strawberry cucumber salsa is easy to make and prepared with just six ingredients. Serve it with grilled recipes like paneer, fish, salmon, chicken, or tacos or as a side.
In summers when strawberry is in season, make this salsa recipe to serve with any grilled meat, and vegetarians can enjoy with grilled tofu or paneer. or just a side dish for tacos and chips.
Cucumber strawberry salsa dip is naturally vegan, low in calories, gluten-free, dairy-free, and macro-friendly. Strawberry cucumber pico de gallo without tomato is a great way to enjoy yourself with family and friends.
The post contains helpful tips and tricks to make a successful recipe on your first attempt. Please use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end if you want to skip.
Jump To Recipe
Why this recipe works
Pico de gallo is normally prepared with fresh ingredients. Tomato & onion are the main ingredients of authentic Mexican pico de gallo.
This no tomato strawberry cucumber pico de gallo is prepared with fresh ingredients along with strawberry & cucumber. It is completely fruit-based pico de gallo.
- Hydrating & delicious - Cucumber & strawberry both are refreshing and hydrating ingredients due to their water content. Both help in cooling down the body and provides micronutrients. A delicious, healthy, and satisfying fruit salsa recipe to relish.
- Easy to make & 15 min- Make with six ingredients and get ready in just 10-15 minutes. This sweet and spicy salsa will bring loads of flavors with chips.
- It is low-carb, gluten-free, and fits in macros.
Please check the recipe card for the full ingredient list and measurements
My strawberry cucumber salad recipe uses cooling cucumber along with jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, salt, and lemon juice. A great dip or condiment.
Variations & substitutions
- You can grill the cucumber and add in this salsa.
- Apple, peaches, and red bell peppers are other few componants to add here.
How to make strawberry cucumber salsa
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed and combine well. Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the fridge.
It tastes great if served chilled and in 30 minutes flavors blend well. This salsa is perfect for those who do not like tomatoes.
Tips & FAQ's
- Always use the fresh and ripe strawberry. They give the sweet juicy flavor to this fruit salsa dip.
- Adjust heat level as per your taste. Strawberries are sweet in taste, so balance them with jalapeno.
- Allow sitting for 30-40 minutes so that flavors blend in and let it chill in the fridge.
- You can also deseed the cucumber, this will ensure that salsa is not much watery.
Serve it over grilled meat like, salmon, beef, pork, and chicken, Vegetarians can enjoy it with grilled paneer & tofu. In simple ways just serve as sides to tacos, burrito bowl, or with simple chips.
4-6 hours are good to store the prepared salsa. To make ahead just combine everything except salt & lemon juice and store them in the fridge.
How to serve
I serve immediately with tortilla chips but keep them in the fridge for 30 minutes. It helps in mixing the flavors all together & tastes BEST when served chilled.
How to store
One day is enough to store the salsa in the fridge since salt and lemon juice is added. If you want to make it in advance, just cut all ingredients, and mix except salt & lemon juice. Add them just before serving.
I noticed this fruit salsa gets soggy if stored for a longer time due to acidic components. So store the mix and add salt & lemon juice just before serving.
More salsa & low-calorie recipes
You can check some more salsa recipes from the blog.
Strawberry Cucumber Salsa
- 2 cup strawberry chopped 300 gram fresh strawberry
- ¾ cup cucumber chopped english or persian cucumber any will work
- 1 jalapeno choped finely adjust as per taste
- 2 tablespoon red onion chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- handful cilantro
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients listed and combine well. Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the fridge. It will taste great if served chilled and in 30 minutes flavors will blend well.2 cup strawberry chopped, ¾ cup cucumber chopped, 1 jalapeno choped finely, 2 tablespoon red onion chopped finely, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt as per taste, handful cilantro
- Always use the fresh and ripe strawberry. They give the sweet juicy flavor to this fruit dip.
- Adjust heat level as per your taste. Strawberries are sweet in taste, so balance it with jalapeno as per taste.
- Allow sitting for 30-40 minutes so that flavors blend in and let it chill in the fridge. If required you can serve immediately.
- You can deseed the cucumbers before adding in salsa.