Mango avocado salad with rice vinegar is so fresh and yummy, you'll want to make it for every meal! Best of all, the mango avocado salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
This simple summer salad is a great example of how to enjoy the creamy texture & rich flavor of avocados without cooking them. The mangoes add more sweetness to this recipe which I love because it gives you that refreshing taste with every bite.
This vegan mango avocado salad is just another way to use mangoes that are too ripe. You can try using them in protein mango smoothies as well.
The post contains helpful tips and tricks to make a successful recipe on your first attempt. Please use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end if you want to skip.
Jump To Recipe
Why Avocado and Mango
- Healthy & nutritious- It's loaded with healthy fats from avocados that are high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. In summer mango is the king of fruits with its lots of nutritional properties. Together avocado and mango make a delicious salad with rice vinegar dressing. This recipe is macrofriendly and fits in daily macros.
- Easy prep- The mango summer salad has simple ingredients and comes together in less than 10 minutes, so it’s easy to keep on hand for those days you don't have time (or energy) to think about dinner. Do check this mango raspberry smoothie with whey protein for quick fixes.
Ingredients & notes
Please check the recipe card for the full ingredient list and measurements.
A seasonal salad recipe that has fresh and healthy ingredients such as mangoes, avocados, red onion, cilantro, maple syrup, rice vinegar, salt & pepper seasoning according to your taste.
lemon juice goes well with the salad but due to unavailability I used rice vinegar and it was not a bad idea at all.
- Shrimp, pinto, red, kidney, or black beans, chicken, cucumber, crab, quinoa, lobster, feta, and prawn are few other ingredients to add to this delicious avocado mango salad.
- I use rice vinegar for the dressing, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice are other variations. The lime dressing is the most used dressing in the avocado salad.
- Parsley or basil leaves are other options to make avocado salad with mango without cilantro.
Step by step instructions
Chop all ingredients
Finally, add all seasoning and mix nicely (pic 2-3). Here you can add all seasoning ingredients into a jar and shake well to make rice vinegar dressing for the salad.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & FAQ's
To know if the mango is ripe enough, you can gently press it. If it feels slightly soft then it's ready to eat.
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. Chop mangoes, red onions, cilantro, and cherry tomato in a separate container and make dressing in a mason jar. When required, add these in a mixing bowl, along with freshly cut avocado, and serve immediately.
The easiest way to cut mangoes, slice them around the pit, and then use a spoon to scoop out each mango wedge.
Apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, and lime dressing are a few other dressings to use in the salad. Just add salt and pepper along with vinegar or lemon juice in a mason jar and shake it well. Add maple syrup to balance the flavors in the homemade dressing.
Shrimp, beans like pinto, red, kidney, or black beans, chicken, cucumber, crab, quinoa, lobster, feta, and prawn are few other ingredients to add to this delicious avocado mango salad.
Serving & Storage
This mango & avocado combo can be served as an appetizer or main course along with your favorite wine for a dinner party. It also goes well with BBQ dishes.
You can serve this mango salad with a side of protein like grilled chicken, baked salmon, or even grilled tofu or paneer. You could also pair it with brown rice & quinoa to round out the meal!
Any leftover salad can be stored for 1 day in the fridge. Avocados tend to get brown if kept for longer.
If you like to make this salad ahead of time and store it, then do chop mango, cherry tomato, red onion, and store it in a separate container. Mix salt, pepper, rice vinegar, and maple syrup in a mason jar and store.
Throw these chopped ingredients with dressing in a mixing bowl along with freshly cut avocado right before serving. Give a nice stir, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
If you like this recipe then check more salad recipes from the blog.
Mango Avocado Salad With Rice Vinegar
- 1 mango approx 300 gram
- 1 avocado approx 110 gram
- 1 cup cherry tomato approx 130 gram
- ⅓ cup red onion chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar replace with lemon juice if required
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- At first, cut the mango into small cubes. Chop red onions and cherry tomatoes into halves. Peel & cut the avocado into cubes.
- Transfer all in a mixing bowl.
- Add all seasoning and mix nicely. You can add all seasoning ingredients into a jar and shake well to make rice vinegar dressing for the salad as well.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Use lemon juice in place of rice vinegar.
- You can use any variety of tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes.