Apple Pie Energy Bites
Apple pie energy bites are no-bake, raw, healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free energy balls flavored with shredded apple & cinnamon.
- 15 dates I use Medjool dates, remove the seed
- ½ cup walnuts approx 60 grams
- ½ cup cashew approx 75 grams
- ½ cup rolled oats I use gluten-free, approx 50 grams
- ¼ cup apple shredded fresh apple or ½ cup dry apple
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon nutmeg or all spice or apple pie spice blend
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut to roll dough balls, optional
At first, wash, clean, and remove the seed from Medjool dates.
Grate the apple using box grater.
Transfer all ingredients to a food processor and grind till dough like consistency. Do not over process it.
Take 1-1.5 tablespoon mixture and make small bite-size balls. Now roll further in dry coconut or enjoy as is. It is optional but do try as it taste great.
NOTE- Check the post for detailed instruction.
- Make sure not to over-grind the mixture. When over-processed, nuts start releasing oil and the mixture becomes too oily.
- Rolling in extra coconut is optional but recommended.
- Nut-free- To make nut-free apple cinnamon bliss balls use seeds in place of nuts. Sunflower, pumpkin & hemp seeds are great to use.
- Protein- Add any of your choice of protein for extra benefit. Add 30 grams or 1 scoop of protein powder while grinding.
- No dates- If you prefer to make apple cinnamon oat balls without dates, then replace them with an equal amount of raisins. Or use honey, maple syrup, or agave in place of it.
- Almond flour- No oats, no problem. Use almond flour (meal/flour) in place of it and you are good to go.
- Refrigeration is a must as we use fresh apples. Feel free to use a dry apple that can be stored at room temperature as well.
Calories: 67kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 65mgPotassium: 86mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg