Strawberry lassi is refreshing, light, protein-rich, and yogurt-based summer drink. Using 4 ingredients it gets ready in just 10 minutes.
It is a delicious strawberry-yogurt drink that is just another variation to Indian Mango Lassi.
The post contains helpful tips and tricks to make a successful recipe on your first attempt. Please use the link above to jump to the recipe card at the end if you want to skip.
Jump To Recipe
Lassi is a traditional Indian curd-based drink that is prepared throughout the year. The salty version is known as "chaas" and the sweet version is called "sweet lassi".
When fruit is added to basic lassi, then it goes after that fruit name, like, mango lassi, strawberry lassi, or peach lassi. For this recipe, strawberry is blended with yogurt and so calling it as "strawberry lassi".
Why you will love this recipe
The recipe for strawberry lassi is very similar to Mango Lassi, with the same ingredients just the fruit is different.
- Easy to make- To make it only 4 basic ingredients required and need 10 minutes from start to finish. So easy and quick to make.
- Flavorful- It is a very delicious and flavorful drink when berries are in season. Best to make with fresh berries but frozen strawberry will also work.
- Nutritious- Instead of plain homemade curd I use low-fat Greek yogurt. That adds protein and makes it protein-rich at the same time. Strawberry lassi is low-carb, low-fat, and protein-rich healthy drink.
Ingredients & Variations
Please check the recipe card for the full ingredient list and measurements
This recipe uses fresh strawberries, Greek yogurt, milk, and maple syrup.
- Fruit- Fresh strawberries give the best taste to the final drink. But if not available frozen will also work. Add them directly to the blender and blend till smooth. It will result in a creamy and chilled drink. You can use mango, banana, blueberry, blackberry, pineapple, peach to make a variety of lassi combinations or make it with just one fruit.
- Yogurt & Milk- I prefer to dilute greek yogurt with low-fat milk. To make a vegan version just use vegan yogurt with vegan milk.
- Sweetener- Stevia, maple syrup, honey, monk fruit, are preferred sweeteners to use. I am using maple syrup to sweeten the lassi.
In India, often lassi is garnished with chopped dry fruits like pistachio, almond, cashew OR cardamom powder, saffron strands OR rose water.
If you are on weight loss then every topping counts. This single-serve strawberry lassi is a perfect fit in macros and easily enjoyed while on weight loss.
Step by step instructions
At first wash and clean strawberries. Chop off the leafy part and cut them in half. Add strawberries, yogurt, milk, and maple syrup to the blender and blend until smooth consistency.
Pour in the glass, add few ice cubes and serve immediately.
Do not add ice cubes while blending as this may result in watery consistency.
Tips & FAQ's
To make vegan strawberry lassi, use any plant-based yogurt along with water or vegan milk to dilute it further. Coconut yogurt has a distinct flavor of coconut, so use it if you like it and can make strawberry coconut lassi. Otherwise, cashew yogurt or any other yogurt will work for the recipe.
Serving & storing
It is a perfect summer drink for a mid-day snack, after-school snack, or just anytime between meals. It goes well along with the meals as well.
Store any leftover in a container for 1-2 days in the fridge. Freezing lassi is not recommended due to milk products. They curdled after the thawing process.
Shall I tell a fun fact about it, serve it in shot glasses, top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Garnish with chocolate syrup and sprinkle chopped dry fruits. This strawberry lassi makes a fabulous entry in kids' birthday parties as well.
If you like this healthy yogurt based drink then do check few more as below.
Check some recipes that use summer berries
How To Make Strawberry Lassi
- High speed blender (I use ninja foodie blender))
- 150 gram strawberry 1 cup
- 120 gram Greek yogurt ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup milk low-fat milk
- At first wash and clean strawberries. Chop off the leafy part and cut them in half. Add strawberries, yogurt, milk, and maple syrup to the blender and blend until smooth consistency.Pour in the glass, add few ice cubes and serve immediately.
- You can use mango, banana, blueberry, blackberry, pineapple, peach to make a variety of lassi combinations or make it with just one fruit.
- Stevia, maple syrup, honey, monk fruit, are preferred sweeteners to use.
- Do not add ice cubes while blending as this may result in watery consistency.
Does it fit in your macros?
Having Greek yogurt and low-fat milk perfectly goes well with a weight loss plan. It is healthy, nutritious, and nourishes the body. What better way to enjoy your weight loss journey.